Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Passion

Find your passion. I guess passion is something you can spend hours doing and lose track of time.

- Today during this government mandated "social distancing" because of coronavirus pandemic, I went out to Lookout Mountain for a short hike. It was probably less than a mile upwards, slight incline on the way up, but wasn't too bad.

- After that, I went to Hobby Lobby because when I drove by the store earlier, I found out the store was still open during this time when all recreational businesses are recommended to close to prevent spreading of germs and increase in incidence of coronavirus to relief healthcare workers.

- Spent 2 hrs at Hobby Lobby looking at items, including fabric, glue guns, industrial stapler, and other home decor/basket inspirations. 

- Went back home and started my DIY projects. Been wanting to paint my black floor lamp a gold color and somehow convert my black lamp shade to white. I managed to find a white canvas fabric at Hobby Lobby which I thought was perfect to turn into a lamp shade with some super glue.

- After giving the lamp pole 1 coat of gold acryllic paint, took a break from project 1 to let it dry before putting on a second coat. I proceeded to project 2: making a new fabric top for my ivory white ottoman because the faux leather on the ottoman lid is rubbing off and creating flaky deposits that fall on the floor.

- I guess my passions would be video making, photo scrapbooking, anything artsy like sewing or other crafty ambitions I have. I also like hiking and rock climbing in the gym, because that's two things I always try to do no matter what city I am in.

- In terms of work, I guess as long as I don't think too hard about optometry as a career and just focus on other things like investments, saving $$ and buying a house, home decor, arts, working out, outdoors activities, I can live a lot happier. So that's what I'll do, fuck trying to go back and doing a residency so I can fulfill my dream of working in the "medical" field in the hospital. Just treat optometry as a revenue seeking job/career and pursue other passions and life improvements and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment