Saturday, June 10, 2017

Turkey slider patties




It's been a while since I posted a cooking recipe. I was inspired to recreate a Turkey slider recipe when I watched one of Wong fu Production's "Lunch break" episodes where the Wong Fu members cooked lunch for the other members.

I decided not to follow a recipe and "wing" it with things I got from the last grocery run and whatever was in the fridge.


Here are the ingredients:
- cumin spice powder
- ground black pepper
- low sodium soy sauce (or your choice of soy sauce)
- cooking wine


- 1 lb of organic ground turkey (from Trader's Joes)
- 2 large chicken eggs
- half of a white onion, diced
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, diced
- your favorite vegetable cooking oil
- dinner rolls (or whichever type of bread you want to put your sliders in)

white onion and mushrooms
Procedure:
1. Marinate the ground turkey with a sprinkle black pepper, cumin powder and drizzled a small amount of the cooking wine and low sodium soy sauce. I put enough sauce to just flavor the turkey meat, but not enough to drown the meat in it. Add more or less, depending on how saucy you feel.


2. Let the meat soak in sauces for about an hour or so, or whenever you're ready to cook the meat.

3. Prepare the vegetables: dice white onion and mushroom into small squares.

4. Beat the eggs in a large bowl.

5. Combine eggs and diced vegetables and mix well together. Add in the turkey meat as you go. Mix all ingredients until they are about evenly distributed.




6. Heat a frying pan and drizzle in a small amount of cooking oil (I used grapeseed oil).

7. Use a spatula or spoon to place a small meat on pan in a flat, round shape. You can place multiple "patties" on the plan, depending on how large or small you want the patties to be, or how large your frying pan is.
Like so- I placed 3 "patties" in a pan to save some time and cook more at a time
8. Heat turkey meat and turn over on other side when they start to brown or become well cooked.

9. Prepare dinner rolls: slice dinner rolls in half and toast bread if you like.

10. Place 1 cooked patty in between a dinner roll. Add condiments, other vegetables as you wish.

I already had vegetables in my patties so I chose not to add extra vegetables to my patty and the meat was flavorful enough for me to not add condiments. Present your sliders nicely as you wish and you are done!




 This was easy to make and something I'll do in the future, though I might try to invest in some type of flour, which might make the patty stick together more.








No comments:

Post a Comment