Sunday, November 22, 2015

Homemade cheerios crusted cheesecake!

I was in a sweet tooth mood so I made some cheesecake. I decided to venture out and try something new. Instead of using graham crackers, I decided to use Honey Nut Cheerios. I searched online to see if anyone had done this before and found this website. I used this recipe. Turned out well.The next time I might try to freeze the filling so that the cream filling would be more solidified and easier to crust. Otherwise, the cream filling had a more frosting-like texture.

All you need is:
honey nut cheerios (crushed)
butter (sticks)
brown sugar
Philadelphia cream cheese original (sticks)
lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
sweetened condensed milk

First, I made the crust.
Crust Ingredients:
3 cups of honey nut cheerios
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 stick of melted butter.

Instructions:
1. Crush the honey nut cheerios by putting into a blender/food processor.
2. Put in crumbs in a bowl. mix with the brown sugar and melted butter. (I microwaved butter for 30 seconds to melt it).
3. Mix the crumb mixture until it looks well combined.
4. spread mixture on a pan.
5. put mixture in a freezer while you prepare the filling.

****
Now that I have put the crust mixture into the freezer, while I wait, it’s time to make the filling.
Cream Mixture Ingredients:
12 Ozs of Philadelphia cream cheese original (1 1/2 packs)
1 teaspoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (replacement for lemon juice)
4 ozs (1/2 cup) sweet condensed milk

Instructions:
1. put the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well until solution is well mixed and uniform.
2. now it’s time to take the crust mixture from the freezer. The crust should look pretty solidified now. If it isn’t freeze it a little longer.
3. now spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the crust layer evenly.
4. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
cheesecake, cheerios, recipe
cheesecake, recipe, cheerios

No comments:

Post a Comment