Sunday, August 23, 2015

First day of Second year

I have finally moved into my new house in Chicago! First week of optometry school is over. It's still hard to believe we are officially second years! I got my first clinic shift last Tuesday. Unlike first year, beginning of this year has been a fun, but slow first week. No labs yet, so I've been trying to find things to do in during the afternoons off. My housemate is a first year and I cannot believe how anxious and overwhelmed I felt during the first week of school from the large amount of notes we will be receiving from Human Anatomy and Micro anatomy alone.

We had Blind spot, which is basically a club fair where all the clubs table at the gym and get students to sign up. There is free pizza, soda, and beer as well as prize raffles! (Unlike undergrad, graduate schools are allowed to serve beer at school-sanctioned event. We are officially adults ;)).

We also had ICOlympics which is basically a competition of different sports and eating contests between the years. It gets 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th years pitted against each other as they try to out-win the other years in games. There is also free burgers, salad, drinks, and ice cream. We also get T-shirts, color coded by years. (1st-red, 2nd-green, 3rd-blue, 4th-red)

2014: This was last year when we were first years.
2015: This year as 2nd years, repping green color now!

No comments:

Post a Comment